There are many important things to think about when a fire occurs. Most importantly, safety should be the first consideration. Use the tips below to create a fire safety plan and know what to do in the event of an emergency.
• Be Prepared: Make sure you know whom to call in an emergency and participate in all fire drills.
• Eliminate Hazards: Keep workspaces free of waste paper and other combustibles. Replace damaged electric cords and do not overload circuits.
• Report Promptly: Immediately report all foul odors and defective equipment to supervisors.
• Evacuate Safely: Leave area quickly in an emergency using stairs, not elevator. Always assist coworkers.
• Everyday General Emergency Safety: Make sure that all walkways and passageways are clear so they are not in the way during emergency evacuation.
• Check/Replace battery in smoke detectors