- Prepare ahead of time. Take some time to prepare and learn about the company you are interviewing with. A quick glance at their website can help inform you on the basics of what they do, locations, services they provide, products they make and more. Being prepared for your interview by knowing a brief company background may set you apart from other candidates.
- Prepare a list of questions for your interviewer. One of the most common end-of-interview questions is “do you have any questions for me?”. Having a list of questions allows you to learn more about the position and the company and shows that you took the time to prepare and really care about the job that you are applying for. Some end-of-interview questions that you may want to ask include: when are you looking to make a hiring decision for this position? Do you feel as though I would be a good candidate for this role?
- Dress professionally and be on time. Arrive at your interview 15 minutes early and dress professionally. If you are interviewing virtually, be sure to check your computer settings for audio and video. It wouldn’t hurt to do a test run before your interview, to make sure the platform you are using is working.
- Be prepared to answer questions and provide scenarios during your interview that demonstrate why you would be a good fit for the position you have applied for. Provide real-life examples of how you have worked on projects, collaborated with others and problem-solved. If appropriate for the position, bring any kind of portfolio you may have to show off your work.
- After you have completed your interview, you may think it is time to sit back and wait. Wrong. Follow up with the interviewer. Be sure to thank them for taking the time to interview you and share your thoughts on the interview. Prepare for any additional follow-up questions that may be presented to you or information that may need to be provided.
Work with a staffing partner that you can trust. For over 65 years, Nesco Resource has placed candidates in roles to grow their careers. Whether you are looking for short-term work or a full-time position, Nesco Resource is here to help. Contact us today to learn more and to apply.